The F-List is calling on NI’s female* musicians to get in touch
The F-List for Music is the first directory of its kind to feature up-to-date information on UK-based female* musicians, songwriters, and composers.
Many event or festival organisers want to promote female artists but don’t know how or where to find them outside of their own network.
The F-List solves this problem.
With thousands of professional musicians who are currently signed to labels across all genres of music, this directory makes it easy to search for, and discover, great female talent. And as more women upload their music and information onto the site it will keep growing as a resource, like a wiki for UK female musicians. It is completely free for female musicians to sign up to.
Supported by a not-for-profit Community Interest Company and with award winning artist Anoushka Shankar as our inaugural President, the F-List is committed to creating a future where gender equality is celebrated and properly represented throughout the music industry.
With a board of 12 women from all genres of the music industry, over 70 Social Media Ambassadors, a growing list of partnerships with esteemed music industry organisations and over 5,000 female musicians already listed in the directory The F-List is not just a list, it’s a growing community that can help transform the gender statistics of music in the UK.
The Vision of The F-List is….
Women in the music industry will be able to more successfully start and sustain their careers in music for longer because of The F-List
The Mission of the F-List is….
Helping UK female and gender minority musicians overcome structural barriers by facilitating training and profile and professional opportunities
The F-List is for….
Female musicians, songwriters, and composers in all genres of music – Create or Claim a free Listing to promote you and your work.
- Festival promoters and commissioners: search our directory of female artists; gain direct access to the talent you’re looking for. You can search for musicians by genre, instrument, or location
- Musicians’ representatives: if you manage, publish or are an agent for a female artist or band, make sure they’re listed
- UK record labels, publishers, agents or development companies: we will feature your organisation as long as you have female artists on your roster
- Music representative bodies, not for profits & initiatives: get in touch to discuss how we can work together to support female musicians
- Music fans, journalists and researchers: find out more about your favourite artists but also discover new ones!
* The F-List is proud to be trans and gender minority inclusive
For more information, visit https://thef-listmusic.uk/