The BPI are delighted to announce the second event in its BPI Equality Sessions series, ‘Celebrating Pride’, on June 30th at 4pm. The free online session will hear from a range of diverse voices drawn from across the music industry and the wider LGBTQIA+ community.
As Pride Month draws to a close, the session will include a series of panels, focusing on how we can work towards further progress through trans and nonbinary inclusivity, issues that continue to be a challenge, and what it is like to be out and proud in the music industry.
The BPI Equality Sessions are designed to shine a light on inspirational figures who are making a difference in their fields and paving the way for new generations to thrive in a more diverse and inclusive music business. The first session, titled ‘International Women’s Day: Women in the Music Industry’, took place on March 8th and featured speakers from all corners of the music community who shared their personal experiences.
‘Celebrating Pride’ is free to attend for all those currently working, or looking to work in the music industry, and you can secure your place here.
Further speakers are to be announced soon.
Event Chair: MJ Olaore – Chief Operating Officer, BPI
Discussion Panel: Working Towards Further Progress: Trans & Nonbinary Inclusivity
- Rico Jacob Chace – LGBTQIA+ and Black Rights Activist, Board Member of TransActual UK, Founder of “Against Racism”
- Jude – Public Speaker, Consultant and Model
- Chair: Mars West – Artist Relations Co-ordinator/Freedom Chair, Sony Music UK
Discussion Panel: Out & Proud in the Music Industry
- Darina Connolly – Head of Label Partnerships (UK), TikTok
- Paul Bonham – Accelerator Programme Manager, MMF
- Gennaro Castaldo – Director of Communications, BPI
- Kieran George – Label Manager, Artist & Label Services, The Orchard
- Chair: Porsche Smith – HR Business Partner, Sony Music UK & LGBTQIA+ Representative, BPI Equality & Justice Advisory Group